INTRODUCING: THE ARKHAM ZEPHYR!
-- an elegant tube Bass pre-amplifier inspired by Ampeg’s iconic Portaflex series.
The Zephyr features:
- 12AX7 preamp tube* selected for good tone and low microphonics, and run at correct voltages (not a starved plate design)
- Mosfet buffered Lo-Z output, drives modern solid state power amps or recording interfaces with ease.
- Gain, Treble, Bass controls - uses a James Tonestack to provide a wide adjustment range with minimal interaction.
- Range control – sweeps the tonestack "midpoint" anywhere between 150Hz and 1KHz
- Hi switch – adds a "bright cap" to the circuit to open up the high frequencies a bit.
- Mid switch – provides a healthy bump around 250Hz
- Lo switch – another healthy bump, this time at 80Hz (without any mud!).
- HPF switch - a gentle roll off beginning around 100Hz
- Mute switch - sweet silence at the flick of a switch
- Low impedance output, with an additional “thru” jack for splitting your Bass signal to another amp.
- Balanced DI output, featuring a custom wound Cinemag transformer for full frequency response. Ground lift switch for good measure.
- Separate master volumes for preamp out and balanced out. Lets you dial in some grit, and adjust stage volume to the board.
- DC referenced heaters, for ultra quiet operation.
- Turret board construction, Mil-spec Teflon wire, etc.
- Carling switches, Switchcraft jacks, Belton sockets, etc.
- Powder-coated steel 1U chassis. Weighs ~8 lb.
- Anodized aluminum faceplate, all stainless steel hardware.
*Select NOS tubes available for an additional $25.
-- Need an export, or dual voltage version? Please inquire.
$800 + shipping. Current build time around 5 weeks.